Posted: May 19, 2021
Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus
Based in San Francisco, CA
Non-Exempt, Full-time Position, Temporarily Remote
Please Apply By June 11, 2021
The Development Coordinator supports the design and execution of the annual fundraising plan to successfully meet organizational fundraising goals and objectives. This position assists the Development team in the area of database management and reporting, with an emphasis on Foundation Support, Major Gifts, and Events. The Development Coordinator reports to the Grants Manager.
The Development team at Advancing Justice- ALC ensures the strong financial health of the organization to serve its constituents and remain a powerful influencer across broad segments of the progressive movement. We are creative and passionate professionals committed to excellence in the pursuit of Advancing Justice- ALC’s mission. We work collaboratively with our program staff and across a variety of activities to drive the organization’s resource development strategy and infrastructure.
Day-to-day activities vary in this dynamic position and include the following:
- Maintain and track foundation deadlines.
- Assist in a financial reconciliation process.
- Assist in writing, copy editing, and submitting comprehensive reports to institutional funders.
- Provide administrative support related to the grant proposal and report submission and funder tracking process.
- Assist the team in planning and execution of outreach and fundraising events for major/ potential donors.
- Manage special projects related to events, including the production of videos, silent auction, volunteers, registration, microsite, and donation collection.
Individual Donors and Major Gifts
- Assist in implementing strategies for retaining and upgrading current donors with a particular focus on low- to mid-range donors through a well-defined moves management process, outreach and communication, and engagement.
- Respond quickly and effectively to all donor/ potential donor requests; assist in creating and implementing stewardship strategies and maintaining yearly stewardship calendar.
- Manage prospect research, qualification, and solicitation. Ensure that active and effective cultivation strategies are in place for all assigned prospects including a system for contact reports, next steps, with direction and guidance from the Director of Development.
- Manage workflow of major gifts and individual giving to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in the generation of monthly income reports and coordinate with finance to reconcile accounting and development records of donations.
- Overall donor database coordination and donor tracking, (includes data entry, donor reports, donor acknowledgments, and mail merges).
- Manage Salesforce CRM, including designing processes and structures for new development projects and programs.
- Manage the online and assist in the mail campaigns, including list segmentation, coordination with development, and ALC program staff around content and messaging.
- Work closely with the Communications team to create a cohesive online and social media campaign.
- Provide assistance and creative input on marketing materials both in print and online.
- Assist in writing fundraising appeals and announcements.
- Oversee/report the monthly status of revenue to the Director of Development
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Development team
- Help coordinate volunteers for the Development team
- A minimum three (3) years of development experience
- Database management and analytic skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Administrative support experience, especially in event planning, data management, and/or fundraising
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and with a team and handle multiple, competing deadlines
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs and Salesforce
- A keen awareness of current social/graphic media trends
- Familiarity with technological platforms including Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Slack, Google Suite, Adobe Pro, MobileCause, and others
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Strong presentation/communication skills for both internal and external audiences
- Knowledge of issues that affect Asian American and Pacific Islander communities
- Project management experience with a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining accurate, confidential donor records
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary is based on our salary scale, which accounts for years of relevant experience and principles of internal equity. We offer a generous benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit via email to email@example.com (as PDF attachments), including the following:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- A writing sample of your work (no more than 10 pages)
- Three professional references
Please indicate “Development Coordinator” in the subject line. Please Apply By June 25, 2021.
Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, HIV status, height, weight, marital or domestic partner status, or religious affiliation.