Posted: November 18, 2016
Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus offers unique volunteer opportunities for individuals interested in public interest work and community law practice. Volunteers are generally assigned tasks in administration and fundraising/development and are supervised by both legal and non-legal staff.
- Detail-oriented with outstanding administrative/clerical skills
- Strong interest and commitment to social justice and non-profit work
- Bilingual skills in Asian and Pacific Islander language(s) are preferred. Bilingual volunteers will be assigned accordingly to program staff depending on language ability.
- Availability during regular office hours from 9am-5pm. Student volunteers may receive college credit or receive work-study.
Tasks may include the following but are not limited to:
- Client translations/translate Community Education materials into Asian languages
- Update and maintain program archives/databases/ informational brochures
- Assist in community education presentations and community outreach
- Write reports, draft correspondence and press releases
- Video editing, Graphic design and Photoshop
- Answering phones/reception/data entry
- Update and maintain filing system
- Word processing- correspondence, memos, pleadings, thank-you notes, etc.
- Data entry
- Administrative support to Development program
- Special events – preparation and planning
Interested candidates may submit a resume and a cover letter explaining his/her interest in volunteering to email@example.com. We will be in contact if there is a need for your assistance. Thank you for your interest in Advancing Justice -ALC!