Posted: October 5, 2018
Application Deadline: December 15, 2018
Please apply by 12/15/18
*Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.*
This is an exciting opportunity to work on the front lines of social justice at a leading civil rights organization. We are expanding our team to meet the growing needs of our communities at this challenging moment. As the nation’s oldest legal organization focusing on the civil rights of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus is a leader in defending the interests of low-income immigrants.
The Operations Manager has the opportunity to provide leadership in creating a healthy and welcoming office environment that reflects social justice values. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in supporting operations and office management. Candidates should be committed to and comfortable with the development of staff. Our organization expects to have close to 45 employees this year. The Operations Manager reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Responsible for the day-to-day office management of Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus facilities.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate office management procedures to ensure the smooth functioning of office (e.g. building systems, reception, common resources, required maintenance, janitorial, technology, safety, etc.).
- Maintain safety and emergency plans for the organization and support training as needed.
- Oversee office space management, central office supplies, etc.
- Ensure equipment is maintained/stocked and office environment is friendly and professional.
- Manage workspace set-up for all new employees at the office, onboarding to office procedures, and office orientation.
- Supervise vendors, providers, and property management.
- Manage meetings (meeting room setup, sets agenda, organizes meetings, and generates minutes).
- Process bookkeeping (AP/AR) when it is needed.
- Administer recruiting cycle including: posting, coordinating screening, scheduling interviews, new hire paperwork, on-boarding, etc.
- Administer and process HR-related paperwork: separations, benefits, workers’ compensation, leave of absence requests, return-to-work program, etc.
- Assist in development and implementation of personnel policies.
- Respond to all internal requests, questions and issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain employee records and files accurately and confidentially.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of personnel issues.
- Coordinate time sheet in preparation of bi-weekly payrolls and process payrolls.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred; four years of experience providing operations support and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Strong understanding of operations, technology and facilities management and interaction with finance and administration.
- Acceptance and application of the confidential and professional nature of the position.
- Understanding of or willingness to learn about state and federal labor laws and regulations, employee benefit plans, general employee communications, employee recognition programs, employment practices and training, personnel policies, workers’ compensation administration.
- Must have the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and complete assignments within established time frames.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well as experience with Human Resources Information Systems (ADP preferred). Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Publisher is helpful.
- Ability to maintain databases and keep complex records and files.
- Ability to communicate on an individual (and sometimes large group) level, and adapt content and style as needed.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is based on experience and principles of internal equity. The salary range is $65-$73K. A full benefits package is included.
Application Process: Interested candidates should e-mail the following to email@example.com: resume; cover letter summarizing interest, qualifications and experience; and three references. Kindly put “Application – Operations Manager in the subject line of the e-mail. Please submit materials in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.