Advancing Justice – ALC Heads to The Supreme Court!
On February 23, Advancing Justice – ALC client Fauzia Din’s case will be argued before the US Supreme Court in Kerry v. Din. For the past nine years, Ms. Din, a US citizen in Fremont, CA, has sought to reunite with her husband, an Afghan national based in Kabul.
Additionally, to read an Op-Ed about the case, written by our Executive Director, Chris Punongbayan please click here.(photo courtsey of Fauzia Din)
1. SF Chronicle, Supreme Court to hear ‘national security’ case of visa denial
2. Los Angeles Times, Supreme Court will hear woman’s case on visa denial for Afghan husband
3. Associated Press, Court Seems Split Over Spouse’s Right to Protest Visa Denial
5. Washington Post, High court divided on refusal of a visa to a U.S. citizen’s Afghan spouse
6. Los Angeles Times, Supreme Court justices wary of expanded rights for new immigrants
7. Reuters, Supreme Court weighs case involving Afghan man barred from U.S.
8. NPR, Supreme Court Considers Visa Case For Foreign Spouses
9. New York Times, Justices Weigh Denial of Visa to Husband of U.S. Citizen
10. KQED, Supreme Court Takes up Whether Bay Area Woman is Owed Explanation for Husband’s Visa Denial