The mission of Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus is to promote, advance, and represent the legal and civil rights of API communities. Recognizing that social, economic, political and racial inequalities continue to exist in the United States, Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus is committed to the pursuit of equality and justice for all sectors of our society with a specific focus directed toward addressing the needs of low-income, immigrant, and underserved APIs.
The vision of Asian Americans Advancing Justice – ALC is a democratic society where race, class, and immigration status are not barriers to full and equal participation in American life.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice – ALC is guided by the following values and beliefs:
• All individuals and communities should be respected and live with dignity.
• All individuals deserve to have their civil and human rights recognized and to live in social and political equality.
• Those who are economically vulnerable should be protected.
• The Asian American community is not monolithic, but comprises diverse ethnicities. Therefore, the work of Advancing Justice – ALC cannot be examined through an Asian American lens only, but rather than the multiple lenses of ethnicity, national origin, class, gender, religion, and sexual orientation.
• Collaboration with Asian American, identity-based, and other organizations is an integral part of achieving our mission